Looking for new ways to celebrate the holidays with your friends and family? Here’s a list of our top picks of fun holiday activities to get you into the holiday spirit!
Take your family and friends over to the Morningstar Farm for a good ol’ fashioned Christmas celebration. There will be wagon rides, live music, storytelling and crafts. The Knockananna Grill will be serving fresh poutine, cheese & wine samples and pairings, free popcorn, marshmallow roasting, and hot chocolate.
- When: Saturday, Dec 14th from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
- Cost: $5.00 | Children under two: FREE
Walk the lighted grounds of the North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre and enjoy a fabulous display of laser lights, hot chocolate and even a visit from Santa himself.
- When: Fridays & Saturdays Dec 6th – 21st from 6pm – 8pm.
- Cost: Adults: $5.00 | Children (under 12): FREE. Admission is by pre-purchase only. Buy tickets online.
Check out this annual family festival of lights and music in the Gardens. Wander lighted trails through the forest and visit the Teddy’s Bear cottage, Santa’s Den, and Gingerbread House display. Visit the Milner House and discover the Storytelling Room, Christmas Gift Shop, the Camellia Tea Room, and listen to local musicians in the Dining Room.
- When: Dec 6th – 8th | 13th – 15th | 18th – 22nd from 5pm – 8:30pm
- Cost: Entry is by donation.
Enjoy special lighting & decor in this magical skating event happening at the Oceanside Place Arena in Parksville.
- When: Dec 14th – 31st
- Cost: Click here for the public skating schedule of free skating events.
Join Nanaimo Parks & Rec in a skate with Santa, prizes, draws and some hot chocolate and treats.
- When: Dec 18th from 6:30 – 8:00 pm at the Frank Crane Arena
- Cost: Regular admission rates apply
- When: Dec 20th from 3:45 – 5:15 at the Nanaimo Ice Centre
- Cost: FREE event courtesy of Coast Capital Savings
Enjoy 12 nights of holiday magic aboard the Christmas Express, a 1910 locomotive, and travel through thousands of twinkling lights across 100 aces of woods at the BC Discovery Centre.
- When: Dec 6th – Dec 8th | Dec 13th – Dec 15th | Dec 18th – Dec 23rd
- Cost: Adults: $14.00 | Children: $12.00 | Children 2 and under: FREE
The Festival of Trees is happening until at the Bay Centre in Victoria, BC. Tour a forest of hand-decorated trees done by local sponsors, businesses and organizations. Donate to vote for your favourite tree and help raise money for the BC Children’s Hospital.
- When: Now – Jan 6, 2020
- Cost: Click here to donate to the BC Children's Hospital
Join us in helping BC’s kids by donating to our fundraising campaign by donating online or texting TREE014 to 45678.
Stroll through the Twelve Days of Christmas display, have a cheerful time under colorful lights, sing along with carollers, or lace up your skates and step onto the outdoor rink. Then warm up by the fire with a hot chocolate at the Coffee Shop.
- When: Now – Jan 6, 2020
- Cost: Adult: $27.95 | Youth (13-17) $14.00 | Child (5-12) $3.00. Buy online.
The first-ever Lights of Wonder takes place at Centennial Square. This outdoor event features themed light exhibits, four interactive light tunnels, and a 40-foot festive tree. With free admission and for all ages, Lights of Wonder offers live entertainment, warm nibbles, and magical light displays.
- When: Dec 13th – Dec 30th
- Cost: FREE
The eight tallest Christmas trees in the world?! - the 30-ton Douglas firs of Treetops Adventure receive the star treatment. Be amazed by hundreds of thousands of lights throughout the Capilano Suspension Bridge, Treetops Adventure, Cliffwalk, the rainforest and canyon.
- When: Now – Jan 26th, 2020
- Cost: Family Passes (at the gate): $109.00 | Buy online: $99.00.
The 10th Anniversary Vancouver Christmas Market features more than 80 huts of German sweets, treats, and treasures.
- When: Now – Dec 26th
- Cost: $8 Early Bird Admission (at the gate) on Weekdays before 2pm | Buy tickets online.
Experience Canada Largest Winter Festival at Hastings Park/PNE. Escape to a hidden village with a beautiful skating rink, a tube park, massive light displays, a Christmas Market, amusement rides, food gardens, magical characters, and much more.
- When: On select nights now through January 5, 2020 (closed on Dec 3, 4, 10, & 11th)
- Cost: Buy tickets online
Original Legends of Rock N' Roll presents Holly Jolly Christmas, a tribute to Buddy Holly, Elvis and Brenda Lee.
- When: Dec 18th at 7:30pm
- Cost: $49.00